Sunday, November 23, 2008

A day in France


The Eiffel Tower at night

To celebrate Y2K, the city of Paris decided to light the Eiffel Tower such that at midnight on Y2K it would sparkle.  When sparkling, the Tower resembles a sparkling bottle of champagne.    The people of the city liked it so much, that the Eiffel Tower now sparkles every hour on the hour.  



A different angle of the Eiffel Tower... 
Just to give you some perspective


and further away..... 



Inside looking out of the Muse de Orsay
(former city train station, now museum holding 
beautiful works of art - see statues below, 
just to show you a few) 



Inside looking out of Notre Dame



A beautiful statue 
(I want to try and paint some day)


Another beautiful marble statue
(I also want to paint some day)


2 comments:

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Fabulous pictures! I didn't have any idea the tower was lit like that.

kms handmade said...

I was so overwhelmed by the grandness of Notre Dame that it made me cry!